Monday, August 17, 2009

Ösi's Favorite Hotels

Hyatt Resort Chesapeake, Cambridge, Maryland











Pros- Nice room with walk out to patio, easy access to relieve myself.
Beach & water access to run and cool myself off.
Convenient access to golf course for me to take lots of golf balls.

Cons-$50 pet fee.
Not the greatest leftover food from the restaurants on site.

Tip-Go to Sailwinds Park , has a nicer beach, and playground for the kids.















Pros-Location, college and residental area, nice area to be walked, there's a dog park just a few blocks away. I was able to meet and play with the local dogs.

Great location to walk to the Lincoln Memorial, and to watch the fireworks on the th 4th of July. However, I had to stay back at the room, while my family went, but I got a good bone out of it.

Windows in the room open all the way, I enjoy jumping out the window, just make sure your room is on ground level.


Cons-Pet fee $25 (not so bad seen worst)Parking, after driving in circles for awhile to find a free place to park, my family decided to pay for their valet parking, I wish they would have decided that sooner, so I didnt have to hold my weee for so long!


Tip-Make sure you are well stocked with beer, you can't purchase package beer to go after 10pm, found that out after a lengthy walk around town.
















Pros - Nice location, walking distance to Penns Landing and the Historic Area, pretty cool to relieve myself on so many famous sites. I did not mind having to take the elevator to our room it was very fast, and I never had to waite. The windows in the room extend to the floor, so I can easily look out. Sheraton does not charge extra for my stay, and they seem pleasant.

Cons- Valet parking $35. No queen beds only doubles, but they were comfortable, the windows do not open, room was a bit on the small side.

Tip - Have your family take you for a horse and carriage ride I really enjoy it, and my family enjoy ice skating at River Rink.











Pros - All Ocean Front rooms, with kitchen, seperate living room & Balcony that I love to sit out on and listen to the ocean. They offer the 3rd floor or Pool level for dogs, I was glad we had the 3rd floor, the pool level did not give you much view, and since the outside pools were not open I would have to still go through the loby to exit. The elevators operated very quickly. The Beach was nice we were about 4 blocks from the start of the boardwalk, I am allowed on the beach & boardwalk during off season Oct 1 - April 30. I really enjoy my stay, and I love playing with all of the other dogs staying at Hilton.



Cons - This would not be the best place to stay during the Summer, since Ocean City does not allow dogs at ANYTIME on the beach or boardwalk, I might get a little bored, and there's no place (dog walk) at the Hilton or close by I could run around. They charge a one time fee of $75.00, and after staying with my family, ecspecially the kids, and seeing the mess they make, I think this fee is uncall for, they should be charging a cleaning fee for having kids in the room, they were a bigger mess than I was!



Note - I heard that Hilton Suites in the near future may not be accepting pets anymore, I hope this is not true, and if so, I could understand during High Season, but not during Off season!

2 comments:

  1. Coco likes the Staybridge Suites, in Guelph, Ontario,Canada is a very nice hotel but pet fee is high-$60- but you get all the works plus free breakfast buffet-dog included. 24-hour beverage and snack bar. Right next to a brewery so beer- a -plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cari-Anne thought these were great places that are dog friendly (Apple Tree Inn - Yeosomite, Carmel River Inn (Carmel, close to Big Sur), and Lamp Lighter Inn B&B in Carmel (pourpise room is totally cute and they give you dog beds and treats).

    ReplyDelete